Marriage Visa Information
Do You Have a Spouse in the Philippines?
If you are looking for professional help bringing your husband or wife from the Philippines, look no further. We are a Immigration Law Office that specializes in the Philippines. We help over 500 couples begin their lives in the USA each year from just the Philippines and 1000+ overall. We speak Tagalog and other Philippines dialects. If you want to go with the most experienced and reputable company in the USA, you have come to the right place.
Watch the Short Video Below for Marriage Visa FAQ's
Contact the Marriage Visa and Fiance Visa Experts
(877) 899-1857 - Free Consultation
If this is your first time looking into a marriage visa, the following questions are typical:
What Are The Basic Requirements for a Spousal Visa?
- 1. You must be a law abiding US Citizen.
- 2. You must be legally married.
- 3. You must have a genuine relationship.
- 4. You must be able to support your fiance in the USA.
Is it Easy to Get Married in the Philippines?
Not really, but it's certainly not impossible. There are several hoops you must jump through to get married in the Philippines. If you use our services, we will provide you all of the information you need to successfully get married over there. You will need to allocate about 3 weeks in the Philippines to get legally married.
How Long Does it Take?
The marriage visa takes approximately 8-10 months from filing to USA entry.
Is it Faster if I Get Married in the Philippines?
No. A marriage visa will take longer than a fiancé visa to obtain. A fiancé visa takes about 6 months versus 8-10 months.
Can She Come Here and Get Married?
Probably not, unless she travels on a fiancé visa. It is very difficult for someone from the Philippines to get a tourist / visitor visa. Even if a tourist visa application was successful, planning to get married on a tourist visa can be considered visa fraud. In our experience, it isn't worth spending the time and money to explore this route. The only way she can come here legally with the intent to marry you is on a fiancé visa. You have to have met in person to apply for a fiancé visa.
What are the Advantages to a Marriage Visa?
After reading that it takes longer and costs more than a fiancé visa, you probably wonder why anyone files for a marriage visa. While it takes a bit longer and costs a little more in the short run, it ultimately saves hassle and money in the long run. Once your spouse arrives in the USA, he/she will receive a green card without additional cost or paperwork.
The clients who choose this path usually fall into one of these categories:
- 1. You have no choice of visa filings because you are already married.
- 2. Your fiancé puts a great importance on getting married in his/her home country.
- 3. You wish to handle this immigration process in one step, costing a couple of months but saving yourself some money and hassle on the path to your spouse's Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- 4. You have a large age difference, language barriers, and/or a cultural gap.
- 5. You have criminal history in your background that would complicate a fiance visa.
- 6. You don't meet the financial qualifications. The US Embassy in Manila does not allow fiancial 'cosponsors' for fiance visas.
How Much Does it All Cost?
Our Marriage Visa Standard Package Service Fee is $995. For this fee we do all of the work from start to finish. If you want us to call you wife in the Philippines throughout this process, please add $200 for our Platinum Service. The government fees are approximately $900 and are spread out over the first 4-6 months or so. Please see the 'Cost' page for more detail.
My Spouse Has Children, Can They Also Come to the USA?
Typically yes. If your spouse's children are under 18 when you marry, you can petition them until they are 21 if they remain unmarried. The government fees are the same for children as they are for your spouse. We only charge $300 to add a child.
If the child is yours, let us know. There are other options for children of US Citizens.
(877) 899-1857 - Free Consultation
Call Now. We Can Help You and Your Fiance Begin Your Lives in the USA!